Language Objective: Students will finish writing and reviewing their personal narrative.
Today we will be in the writing lab to finish your personal narratives. Your concluding paragraphs should include your exposition, or in short answer the following question: So, what?
- Reflect on what this event means to you and how it changes your life. How do you do or view things differently now that this happened to you?
- This should also reflect on the "bigger picture" and engage your readers so that they care.
- Is there a conclusion to this event or is it still something that you are dealing with? Make sure to address this in your conclusion.
- What did they like?
- What was confusing and needed to be explained more?
- What would they like to see more of?
- Make sure you are consistent in your tenses (don't randomly switch back and forth between past and present tense)
- Check your spelling. Spell Check is sneaky and lies or doesn't pic up on everything.
Print off your finished narrative and turn it in at the end of class.
Make sure to work on your IR Project (see "Independent Reading Project" tab on this site) over winter break.