Language Objective: Students will write a rough draft for their product video review.
- Bell Work: Read the latest issue of the Warrior Ledger for 15 minutes. After reading, write a response to at least one of the articles that stood out to you. If you missed class, you can copy/paste your response into the "Contact Me" form on this page.
- Today we will script a rough draft for your video review. You can find a rubric for your video project here.
- Before you start writing your rough draft that will serve as script for your video review (we will start filming next period), rank your criteria and pick which criteria you want to highlight - which criteria are most critical for your decision-making?
- Decide on an overall conclusion or claim for the end of your video: which of the products you are comparing will you recommend at the end?
- I have started my rough draft for an imaginary review on the new iPhone 5s vs. the Samsung Galaxy S4 here. When writing your rough draft as a group, delegate someone to write an introduction, then add in your chart and after that highlight the most important criteria that will influence your recommendation. Also consider your own opinion - what does the criteria you found NOT tell you? Add your personal opinion (maybe you know someone who has the product and can comment on its advantages or disadvantages beyond the mere facts). At the end, come to a clear conclusion of which product you are recommending overall.
- Check your rough draft off with Ms. Floch. You must have your draft checked off before you can begin filming.
- Bell Work: Response to The Warrior Leger, Issue 3
- Check off Video Rough Draft with Ms. F.