Language Objective: I will create a profile for my character and write the introduction of my character from two different point of views.
1. Finish your character profile for 15 minutes. Share within your groups.
2. Watch this scene. What do you learn about this character both explicitly and implicitly?
4. Write your character's introductory scene. Try to start from a moment of action.
5. Read this article on Point of View and take notes on these different points of view:
- First Person Point of View
- Third Person Limited Point of View
- Third Person Omniscient Point of View
- Second Person Point of View
6. Now, rewrite your character's introductory scene (beneath the one you originally wrote) from a different point of view (switch from first to third omniscient, from third limited to first, etc.)
7. Exit Ticket: Which point of view felt more natural to you? Why? Give some examples where changing point of view was easier or harder.
- Character Profile
- Notes on character intro scene
- Your character intro scene
- Notes on POV
- Rewrite character intro from different POV
- Exit Ticket