1. Writing Prompt: What happened here? Write for 10 minutes. Show, rather than tell.
3. Read Paul Genesse's "Of the Fire"
For each page read, take notes of the following:
- What world building is used on this page? What about this is working well?
- How is the author avoiding info-dumping?
- Make two of the following per page you read:
- Connection (anything that reminds you of something in your own life, another text or story or something in the world)
- Important Detail (add why it is important for the story)
- Question (What is something you want to know or that made you wonder?)
4. Discussion: Worldbuilding
5. List the Dos and Don'ts of effective world building
6. List 3-5 questions you have for Paul Genesse about his writing or world building
7. Exit Ticket:
- What is the most important aspect of good world building?
- Why do you think so?
- Give some details from what you read today to back up your claim.
- How are you going to use this in your own writing?
- Writing Prompt
- Notes on "Of the Fire"
- Dos and Don'ts of Worldbuilding
- Exit Ticket