Language Objective: I will write a query letter for my novel.
1. Writing Prompt:
3. Book Presentations:
5/13: Amber Barnes and Sam Buhler
5/15: Quain Holtey and Caleb Read
5/19: Robert Veljak and TJ Tutasi
5/21: Carlos Ochoa and Derek Webb
5/26: Rosie Galvin and Taylor Tracy
5/28: Lia Satele and Teresa Rubio
4. How does the Publishing Process Work?
5. How to write a Query Letter
Some more Query Letter resources:
- Query Letter Mad Lib (use this formula when writing your query)
- Examples of Good Query Letters
- How to format your query letter (make sure to use this format for the query you are submitting today.)
- Query Shark
6. Write your Query (3 paragraphs).
7. Peer-review and edit your query.
8. Exit Ticket: What was the hardest part about writing a query?
- Writing Prompt
- Query (with feedback and revisions)
- Exit Ticket