Language Objective: I will determine where my story actually starts and begin revising goals, motivation, and conflict of my characters in my novel.
1. Writing Prompt:
3. Book Presentations:
5/7: Marley Garcia and Lizbeth Martinez
5/11: Alexcy Guerrero, Audrey Anderson, and Hana Sapa
5/13: Amber Barnes and Sam Buhler
5/15: Quain Holtey and Caleb Read
5/19: Robert Veljak and TJ Tutasi
5/21: Carlos Ochoa and Derek Webb
5/26: Rosie Galvin and Taylor Tracy
5/28: Lia Satele and Teresa Rubio
4. NaNoWriMo Debrief
What was the most fun about CampNaNoWriMo?
What did you struggle with?
5. Read through your work for 10 minutes and determine where your story actually starts (this is usually with some sort of action, not just with description). Highlight that part.
6. Pick two pages to focus your edits on.
7. Revise your first two pages using the following questions as your guideline:
- Does it flow?
- Does it make sense?
- Do the characters grow and change?
- How's the pacing? Did you catch yourself skimming?
- What worked? What didn't work?
- Was anything confusing?
- Were there any holes that need to be filled?
- Any info dumps that need to be spread out?
- On the nose dialogue?
8. What is your story about? Can you sum it up in 3 sentences? Do it -- this is your elevator pitch.
9. Exit Ticket: Re-read your first two pages. Are you hooked? If not, what can you change? Are you starting in the right place?