1. Writing Prompt: Describe your character's favorite place or the place they are the most comfortable in using all five senses.
Write for 10 minutes.
2. Outline your Project for NaNoWriMo. You have all period to brainstorm and answer the following questions. Feel free to talk out any questions with the rest of your group, but keep your discussion on topic.
- Summarize the idea for your story in one sentence.
- Expand your one-sentence summary to one paragraph. Structure your paragraph as a beginning, three disasters, and an ending.
- Sentence 1: Beginning of your story.
- Sentence 2-4: Each sentence describes one disaster or bad thing that happens to your character. Make sure they get progressively worse.
- Sentence 5: The resolution (ending) of your story
- Expand your paragraph to the 7-Point Plot Structure Outline:
- First Plot Point:
- Pinch 1:
- Pinch 2:
- Second Plot Point:
- Who is your main character?
- What is their goal? (What do they want?)
- What is their motivation? (Why do they want it?)
- What is their conflict? (What happens if they don't get what they want?)
- Where does your story take place? Add some pictures that inspire the setting for your project.
- When does your story take place? Add some pictures that inspire the time period your story takes place in.
- Use Mindomo to make a mind map about everything you know about your story.
- List any questions you still need to answer about your story.
- Writing Prompt
- Outlining Questions