Language Objective: I will write purposeful, effective dialogue for my novel.
1. Writing Prompt: For 10 minutes, write only the dialogue for one of the following scenes:
- a first date
- a breakup
2. Word of the Day:
3. Book Presentation: Sierra,
4. What is the purpose of dialogue in a novel?
5. What are some of your favorite pieces of dialogue? What are some of your pet peeves when it comes to dialogue?
6. Start by writing a dramatic conversation, using two of the characters you've created for your novel. Here are some suggestions to get you going. Spend 5 minutes on each of these:
1. Write a scene of dialogue that creates tension between your protagonist and a supporting character.
2. Write a scene of dialogue where your antagonist reveals something to your protagonist.
3. Write a scene of dialogue where a supporting character tells your protagonist something that will change the course of the protagonist's actions.
4. Write a scene of dialogue that shows how a supporting character and your antagonist interact.
5. Write a scene of dialogue that shows the relationship between your protagonist and your antagonist.
6. Write a scene of dialogue that reveals a plot twist!
7. Exit Ticket: Double-check that you are all set and signed up for CampNaNoWriMo. Share your NaNoWriMo username here so others can add you to groups.
- Writing Prompt
- Six pieces of dialogue for your novel
- CampNaNoWriMo signup and username