1. Read the following article and list three things you learned about how the publishing process works: How does the Publishing Process Work?
2. How to write a Query Letter
Some more Query Letter resources:
- Query Letter Mad Lib (use this formula when writing your query)
- Examples of Good Query Letters
- How to format your query letter (make sure to use this format for the query you are submitting today.)
- Query Shark
3. Write a query for your manuscript (3 paragraphs).
7. Peer-review and edit your query.
8. Exit Ticket: What was the hardest part about writing a query?
NOTE: You MUST be present and turn in your assignments by the end of t he class time to get points for today's and next time's work.
- 3 Things about the Publishing Process
- Query (with feedback and revisions)
- Exit Ticket