Welcome! Let's write ALL the things!
Language Objective: I will introduce myself to my classmates and participate in a discussion about my reasons to create art and write.
1. Writing Prompt:
For 10 minutes, write a story about A Hostage Situation including the following words (in any order):
2. Follow the instructions on these slides:
3. So...why do we write and how do we get good at it? Watch Neil Gaiman's commencement address "Make Good Art":
4. Participate in our "Make Good Art" Canvas Discussion and answer the following questions:
- What does "good art" mean to you?
- What are some reasons why you want to "make good art"?
5. Take the (incredibly hard!) Creative Writing Disclosure Quiz
6. Exit Ticket: Describe yourself in ONE word. Add this word on a sticky note to our "I AM" word wall. Make sure this word hasn't been claimed by anyone else yet. (You are writers, you can do this.)
- Name Tags (add your ChromeBook number)
- Canvas Discussion
- Disclosure Quiz
- "Sign" disclosure (either use the slip or have your parents upload a "thumbs up" selfie)
- One-word description